Infectious and Non-Infectious diseases of the brain
Our standard presentation has been adjusted to not only give students the full EEG Mind Control experience, but focus on infectious and non-infectious diseases of the brain.
For module 7, teachers choose one of the following diseases as our focus.
Content focus: The treatment, prevention and control of infectious disease both locally and globally. The study of the human immune system and its response to infectious disease. This includes:
- Modes of transmission
- Transmission during epidemic
- Types of pathogens and the body’s response to exposure
- Adaption of the pathogens to assist host to host transmission
- Symptoms, imaging and treatment
For module 8, teachers choose one of the following diseases as our focus.
⇒ Cardiovascular disease (whole-body related)
Content focus: Engagement with the study of non-infectious disease and disorders including causes and effects on human health. This includes technologies in treating the disease and the epidemiology of non-infectious brain disease. We include:
- Causes and effects – genetic susceptibility and new research
- Internal systems allowing homeostasis via neural pathways
- Symptoms and imaging
- Technology used in Treatment and management
- Patterns of the disease in a population
A smaller section is dedicated to the brainwaves that aid information retention and release – vital for students doing the HSC. The entire session is 90 minutes.
BIO 12-14: Analyses infectious disease in terms of cause, transmission, management and the organism’s response, including the human immune system:
BIO 12-15: Explains non-infectious disease and disorders and a range of technologies and methods used to assist, control, prevent and treat non-infectious disease:
For costs, syllabus points and extra detail, click HERE.
To book or inquire, see below …